- advertisement -

Dexcom G4 case and carrying questions

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by liasmommy2000, Feb 13, 2013.

1. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

We are finally getting a Dexcom for my dd. We're slow adapters lol. Anyway I'm trying to figure out the practicalities of carrying around the receiver. I don't know that she'll wear a pump pack/spi-belt type thing anymore, highly doubt it. But she also doesn't like things in her pocket and I don't trust it not to fall out. Do they come with clips to put on your pants/skirt band? And what kind of cases do they make for them? She's HARD on her pump.

She does carry a purse where her meter, phone and all other daily D supplies live. Hoping that will work when at school. It's 20 feet range right? Do you all find that accurate? At home our house is TINY and usually in the living room or her bedroom with her, so that should work I hope.

Once it arrives and we get it set up I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions.

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

The G4 receiver is small and my son carries it in his pocket with no case.

4. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

5. timsma

timsma Approved members

I wouldn't trust the clip that comes on the case with it at all. My son wore it on his pants and it fell off and someone found it and never turned it in at his college. I called Dexcom and told them of the situation and they replaced the receiver no charge due to 'case failure'. I doubt they will do that more than once though. So my advice is to not trust the clip on case it comes with.

6. mocha

mocha Approved members

I upgraded to the G4 in December. By mid January, the case it came with was falling apart.

I ordered the case from Tallygear that others have linked, and got it at the end of January. So far the case is working out great. I clip it to my belt loop and then put it in my pocket (because things are prone to fall out of my pockets), but it also have a place on the back to thread it onto a belt, or you can use the lanyard.

7. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Thanks for the options. We'll see how the clip works out. She's broken/worn out a number of the Animas clips so.....

I'm thinking keeping it in a case, in her purse might be the best option. She carries the purse throughout the school day so it should always be within sight. And with our house so small, I can't imagine it being a problem wherever it is.

8. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

We have a pretty big house about 2500 sq and Jared's g4 has no issues reading no matter where it gets left in the house. We like to keep it with us in our LR so we can keep an eye on things when he is home. He is a teen and we have had issues with forgetting to bolus when snacking:rolleyes: so when we see his bg start to rise we remind him to bolus. Has already started to work to his a1c is down to 8.0 from 8.6.:D

9. Mish

Mish Approved members

you won't have any trouble at all. The range is remarkable, really. In her purse will be totally fine.

My son likes the case, but he's a little old man inside his body anyway. It's just a typical case. the hook is REALLY tight and it has a belt loop clip to wrap around your belt if you have one.