- advertisement -

Dexcom follow in school clinic

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Shannondavis00, May 20, 2019.

1. Shannondavis00

Shannondavis00 New Member

HI! Would anyone be willing to share with me their school districts policy on the Nurse using the Follow app to follow our kids during the day?
    THANKS!!
    Shannon

2. stirfrey

stirfrey New Member

When our child first went to school, the school staff got an iPad that they used to monitor them while in 4k. In Kindergarten the two supporting staff were more than happy to put it on their personal phones. We had a great working relationship with them and so we had little concern sharing with them. We rarely paused sharing. 1st grade was at a different school and the care providers did not want the share app on their personal devices so the district purchased an iPod that the nurse or paraprofessional carry with them to monitor throughout the day. The nurse travels so it is generally the paraprofessional. To my knowledge and as far as we have been made aware, our school district doesn't have a policy about it and leaves it up to the staff. I will say that my wife had to make a number of calls to get the school to order the iPod. I think this was because the people that needed to be talking at the school weren't and so she eventually spoke with the principal who got it taken care of.