- advertisement -

Dexcom DME supplier

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Any recommendations for Dexcom DME supplier? I already called Dexcom and they said they don't directly support Tricare members.

Thanks for your time.
    Love the new forums (new to me) but a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Jen

2. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

I don't have tri-care, but have you attempted to contact Foundation Care? They send us all of our Dexcom supplies and they are wonderful. It is at least worth a phone call.

3. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Thanks for your reply Kelly. I will call them.

We used Edgepark before when we lived in Florida (need to update profile) but son does not wear CGM 24/7 and Edgepark kept calling and calling about re-ordering.

Have a great Sunday.

4. Mish

Mish Approved members

we're still using Edgepark. I've managed to stop the phone calls, but I still think they're shady. Tricare's list of authorized DME providers was very short. A few local companies who don't deal in CGM supplies and Edgepark. So we seem to be stuck with them.

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Our insurance company gave us a very short list of DME suppliers. We can get T:Slim parts and Dexcoms through one (CCS) but because none are authorized to supply pods under our insurance company's guidelines, they have us order directly from Insulet. For us, it was a matter of calling each company on the list and making arrangements but it was completely dictated by our insurance.

6. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

We use Neighborhood Diabetes http://www.sugartest.com/

7. kt_mom

kt_mom Approved members

I second checking with foundation care. I was told by the insurance that we had to order the dexcom supplies through edgepark. After some searching I found reports ( I think on here) of people using foundation care and getting them under prescription coverage so I called. They checked into everything and we were able to order through them under my prescription coverage. Its worth a call because they ship two boxes (8 sensors) as a one month supply for $45. So far I have found their customer service to be top notch as well. I'm very pleased.

8. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I have Tricare Prime and Edgepark is the only supplier I know that Tricare will deal with Dexcom. Tricare seems to either cover CCS medical or Edgepark. Tricare does seem to cover Omnipod directly, and the last time I check Tandem was in the process of being authorized with Tricare.

9. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

We don't have TriCare, but the BCBS Federal Employees Plan. We use Diabetes Management and Supply. They are actually local to us in New Orleans, but I think they ship anywhere. They told me they have a pharmacy there as well, but I have not needed to use that option for supplies.

10. Mish

Mish Approved members

Do you have Tricare?

We were told that we could use them but it would be at out of network rates.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Not Liberty Medical, just called them yesterday.

I used to get them from Edgepark

I am on the hunt for lowest cost Dexcom DME today for our new BCBS/Medco plan, will get back to this thread with places I find.