- advertisement -

Dexcom day one

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Williamsville mommy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

Is it too early for me to say that I am in love???
    I am all ready breathing easier and my anxiety level is dropping too. Here's hoping our insurance will cover this valuable tool!?
    Just wanted to share....

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we did a trial when she was 4.5yrs and I was starting to wonder from the get go how I had made it thru the todddler years without it!

4years later and it is not an option she wears it 24/7.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

It was love at first sight for us:D

4. Williamsville mommy

For the first time since dx actually looking forward to bedtime I know my sleep won't increase but the quality will. Whoot hoot!.,

5. Williamsville mommy

I just hope it's not just a honeymoon stage. The love thing I mean. Hahaha.

6. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Oh my gosh, us too. How we survived 4 years without this is beyond me :)

7. AJMom

AJMom Approved members

We just started Dexcom 3-24. Day 3 and we are loving it!

8. Kdh012677

Kdh012677 Approved members

we received our dexcom yesterday after a long wait for insurance to appprove it. We are loving it so far it has been very accurate right off the bat

9. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

My dd just started on Dexcom last Friday, it's awesome! We've had a few minor issues but overall I love it! There have been a few times it's been spot on with the meter, exact same number!

10. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

We used the revel and the gardian but the gardian never worked on my nightstand only on hers, so I had to really on alarms and didn't know what the alarms meant until I got up etc.

Now with the dex it actually works on my night stand!!!! The range is incredible and the accuracy is spot on. I can pick it up and know if it's high low or whatever or can just check b/c I'm awake rather than have to get out of bed. I get MUCH more sleep. LOVE IT!

11. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Getting ready to do our third insertion

Getting ready to do our third insertion with the Dexcom. I have found that my 6 year old's sensors only last for 11-12 days. Maybe just because he plays so hard.

My husband can wear his for 3 weeks!

Happy with our Dexcom. It is crazy to see the graphs and all the blood sugars you DIDN'T see before.

12. Williamsville mommy

That's for sure. Caught a low last night at 330 am. I always check at 2. So it was a lifesaver. Since she was 60.

13. greenpalm

greenpalm Approved members

How do you know when you need a new sensor?

14. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I totally understand why the parents love Dexcom. What about the kids? Would really like to hear what they say.

15. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

The average is 7 days and when it's ready to expire a warning comes up on the screen saying session will end in x hours.

My daughter has a love hate relationship with it. She loves having the number right there, she loves that she can skip a test here and there.
    She hates putting the sensor on. She says it doesn't hurt, but she's anxious because we are using areas on her body that we haven't used in the past (stomach, hip) and it makes her nervous. Now, once it's on, she can care less, but if the tape starts to peel, then her skin starts to itch and it drives her crazy. There are times when she wants a break and not wear it, but she really needs to (we are in a study), so when that happens we do let her take a few hours or even a day off in order for her to regroup. She's always come up to us after this and says it's time to put it on. So in our case, it's all a control thing. She wants to be in charge of when, where, how it goes on. We let her be the boss because IMO, if that's what helps, then let it be.