- advertisement -

Dexcom and ???

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Chippy28, May 15, 2009.

1. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I am on my third sensor and it seems that early in the sensor life I tend to get a lot of ??? during the evening and night. For example, I started my current sensor on Monday and the past 3 nights (including right now), I get ??? starting around 7pm and that will last throughout the night until about 30 minutes after I shower. I have had this last from 10 hours up to 16 hours.

I finally found a spare moment to contact Dexcom this evening and basically was told they really aren't sure why this is occurring. The reasons could range from my insertion technique, to where it is placed on my body, to even in the very rare case of the sensor not working well with my body's chemistry. I was basically told to insert a new sensor and they will send me a replacement.

Has anyone had issues like this? Any tips or ideas? I am at a bit of a loss because I *thought* I was doing everything correctly.

2. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

The first couple of sensors we did get ???. This sensor is going on day 10 and has not had a ???. I took my time with insertion. I am not sure if this makes a difference though. I think they should replace your sensors that is too much time not working IMHO.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We had this on one sensor in the beginning but not at all with these last two sensors.
    Are the toes of the transmitter under the clips?
    I made sure I pinched up and then did a slight tilt angle in more (we are doing it on the back of the arm) and inserted and did not let go of the pinch until I had pulled back on the collar.

4. Chippy28

I did replace the sensor once Dexcom said they would replace it. Everything looked okay with the sensor (ie, the transmitter was completely clipped in, the sensor wire wasn't bent, etc). I did pinch up on my current sensor and *knock on wood* everything is going pretty well with this one.

I am interested in trying the sensor on my arm, however I am a bit squeamish about this as I have never injected or inserted anything there. How painful is the insertion on the arm? Is it something that I can do myself? Or do I need to bribe someone into helping me and hope that they don't pass out?:eek:

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My kids will only let me do it on the back of the arm and they say it doesn't hurt. And my 9 year old can't stand pain! We don't numb up either.

6. Chippy28

Good to know! I have a high pain tolerance, but the thought of putting something in my arm freaks me out a bit.:)