advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexcom and baggage x-ray?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by obtainedmist, Aug 14, 2016.

1. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Does any one send it all through the baggage x-ray? It cautions against it...but I was wondering about the real world application! Daughter will be taking 8 months worth of sensors and 4 transmitters with her to Europe. Must she place those in a backpack and ask for a hand inspection? Thanks for any guidance/suggestions!

2. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

We sent all our dexcom, medical devices and supplies through the baggage x-ray without issue.

We went to Europe for a month last summer. We flew SFO to Paris, then Athens to SFO, as well as a number of flights within Europe without issue (flights from Western Europe to Northern Europe to Central Europe to Greek Island to Athens). All our supplies went through regular security just like everybody else.

We also flew to Canada, plus a number of domestic flights with our supplies going through x-ray without issue.

We do not ask for hand inspection.

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I send everything through normal x-ray. I have never asked for a hand inspection in dozens of international flights with a dexcom. When I leave Israel they always x-ray the transmitters and sensors multiple times in a row and it has never been a problem.

4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Thank you both for the peace of mind! I knew I could count on this online community to help out! Happy travels to you both! :)