- advertisement -

Dex Share is out

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Feb 18, 2015.

1. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Yes, this is correct. It also has the bluetooth chip to receive data directly from the transmitter.

2. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

I spoke with T-slim yesterday and they told me that the current models are not able to integrate with dexcoms. Only the Tandem T-Slim G4 pumps will do that.

3. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

I can't find the information either way today but yesterday I saw a website that said that the Dexcom Share requires people who sign up as followers to declare that they are not acting in the role of nurses. Does anyone know for sure either way?

4. Mish

Mish Approved members

the "follower" has to be invited by the "sharer" and there's a whole safety statement saying that it's only inteded to be used as secondary notification of glucose numbers. And specifically says "You cannot use Dexcom Share to make treatment decisions....."

There's nothing about being a nurse. *just download the app and see for yourself. It's silly to spread misinformation.

5. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I must be misinformed! Thanks for the correction. Off to find the link where I read that.

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

So, I started up both our adult upgrade receiver and our pediatric receiver ordered in 11?/2014 and have been comparing them for the last couple of days. In approximately 16 fingersticks, the pediatric receiver has been closer to the blood meter reading all but twice. In the two lows (60s) experienced, the two receivers have been within a point of each other and pulled out of the low at the same time. Now, I haven't seen them on a lower low that are usually the ones that get stuck, but I honestly am not seeing a significant difference between the two at this point.