- advertisement -

Delica

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

We have a Delica lancer and we love it because it always delivers a nice size blood drop relatively painlessly.

However, the switch that cocks it so that it is ready to prick is temperamental. Sometimes we have to click it several times before it is ready to go.

Does anyone else experience this or is my unit just slightly defective?

2. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

Sometimes ours acts up. I'd get a replacement though to have as a back up.

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We're on our third one because of that. When they first came out, they had a coupon for a free meter. I bought 20 coupons and my family and I hit 20 stores and used them up. When one acts up, we just toss it and pull out another one. My kids love the Delica so I'm thrilled to have such a nice stockpile!

4. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

Same thing happened to us when we were using the Delica (using Multiclix now, LOVE it even better). I called OneTouch and they sent a replacement for free.

Christine

5. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

We've experienced the same thing. I can hear the 'click' just sounds off, i.e., a softer clicking noise. It's annoying to reset it again. I've called One Touch, they willingly replace it free, but we must be on our third or fourth one by now.

6. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

I would definitely call OneTouch support (800-227-8862 - http://www.onetouch.com/support) and complain. Companies are pretty good about sending out a free replacement.

We love our Delica!

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Never had a problem with it (Knock On Wood) and have been using the same one for quite a while.