- advertisement -

Delete from One Touch Mini?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by anna-bananna, Mar 7, 2012.

1. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Does any one know how to delete BG results from the One Touch Mini? (I DID read the instruction leaflet!) :)

DH (non-D) borrowed DD's meter a couple of times when he felt shaky. Each time, he was in the low 60s, and I don't want these readings to be counted as lows for DD at her appointment tomorrow. (They just plug the meter into the computer and look at the graph and statistics it produces to make dosing adjustments...they never look at our log book anymore.)

Any ideas? :confused:

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

You can't. We've used meters for others and just noted it to the doc.

This is definitely a feature I never want to see. I can only imagine someone deleting numbers they don't like and doctoring to see numbers they do like.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Nope, you can't delete.

But in the future, if someone else is going to use the meter just mark it as control solution first. That way it won't be counted towards average BG etc. :)

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

That was what I was going to recommend. Make a note of the readings and tell the endo these were for another child.

5. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

:-( Well, shoot...especially since we have had several (randomly spaced) readings disappear from the meter before. (I'll remember taking the reading and the number, and I'll have a recording in the paper log book, but nothing in the meter reflecting that date/time/bg reading, and double-checked the date/time in the meter.)

This means that the meter can randomly delete stuff, but I can't do it on purpose! Frustrating!! I guess maybe I need to get a new meter. Maybe this one is faulty?

I don't think things can be marked on the Mini, but I'll look into it, Emma.

Thanks!

6. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

When you put the strip in after the C25 stops flashing, push the up button once and ctl will appear for control.

7. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

My suggestion is get another meter. You can get them free many times or the minis are relatively inexpensive and have your DH use that one. I have several meters here that I use for myself (Type 2) and if my youngest dd want to check, I give her one that I seldom use.