- advertisement -

Delay in pumping supplies PING

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bigbluefrog, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

It's been awhile and hopefully I didn't duplicate...after scrolling and searching...

I have received a letter from Ping. It said supplies are delayed. How long does it take to get them? Curious...if anyone knows.

and I see less is given out do to insurance cuts. I been searching Animas' site for info too.

Thanks

2. Bigbluefrog

Anyone else get this letter?

I will be calling tomorrow, we are getting too low to wait.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I'm pretty sure that "Beach Bum" posted that letter a little bit ago. I think we may have gotten it as well as we briefly were supplied by Animas. Not sure I remember anything about limiting supplies. Where did you hear that part?

4. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Um, no, but we are just now in the process of pumping. When I talked to them last week, they never mentioned anything so, I don't know.

5. Bigbluefrog

Sending less supplies was from the phone conversation when I was ordering her supplies. He asked how often she changed her insets and I said every two to three days. The Animas rep stated that she will be getting less now due to changes in insurance on the amount covered. Instead of 5 boxes we will get only 4. My insurance didn't change.

This is the letter I received and it is posted on their site.

http://www.animas.com/sites/default/files/pdf/patient_letter.pdf

6. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

We didn't have any problems getting supplies. They just needed to contact the Dr.'s office for a new Rx, because the old one was from 2008. It didn't take any longer than usual - they gave us the date to expect the package, and it was right on time. I place our order when we open the last box, and that worked fine as always.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

First, I would call Animas back to verify this information about less being covered. Then, I would get a letter of medical necessity from your endo stating that sets are changed x amount of days, so that it equals the amount of boxes you always get. I would also double check with your insurance so that you are armed with that info, but it would be very odd for an insurance company to go ahead and change coverage at this point with no notification.
    I just ordered our pump supplies directly from Medco (our insurance mail order) and I had no problem at all receiving the proper amount of supplies.

A CWD I know over on FB just had a run around with Animas not shipping the order in a timely manner. We all know there is up to a two week wait time at times, but hers was much longer than that. She was constantly having to call to follow up.

I miss the old Animas before it was purchased by J&J. It was a nice mom and pop company. Now, it's just too big, and they seem to not have been able to handle the growth. They still offer a great product, I wish they would come out with new technology. Their customer service is really lacking. I actually switched to Medco because I had gotten tired of dealing with people who really didn't seem happy to be at their jobs. Plus, I save about $200 an order by going through them.

8. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I understood the letter to say nothing about the wait time to get supplies, but the amount of time you are on hold waiting to talk to someone.

I get my son's supplies for his Animas pump from http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com/. They answer on the second or third ring and the supplies are at my house the next day.

9. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I ordered a couple of weeks ago just a day before they sent out the email letters and I experienced no delay in my order - I think I had supplies in 4 days?

I think it's really hit and miss and the delays really come down to your insurance OR your doctor's office, not necessarily people being slow at Animas - they can only do so much if they are waiting on a new RX or insurance verification.

10. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

I am on auto ship and have not had a problem. I did receive the same letter. Just got our new box of stuff the other day and was surprised I didn't receive the same amount I normally get. I was getting 5 boxes of Inset 30's and 5 boxes of cartridges but I got 4 boxes of each and then 3 packs with 2 of each. (Basically I got 46 instead of 50). I called to see what was up and they said that the insurance was now requiring them to send exactly as it was written. My RX is for a set change every 2 days (we do 3) so that works out to be 45 for a 90 day supply. The rep explained since they don't have them packaged that way they sent me 46 instead of 45. I figured 4 less wasn't going to kill us especially since we don't change every 2 days anyway. No big deal for us.

11. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

Same here. I have not had any problems with delay..But we were told the same thing abut how much we were going to be getting..4 box's instead of 5..

12. mamateach

mamateach Approved members

Same message...

We ordered our first set of supplies about a month ago. I had read on this site that some people were experiencing delays, so I did order a little earlier than I would have otherwise. After two weeks of waiting and hearing nothing back, I called Animas and they informed me that they were just "waiting to call me" regarding the fact that the number of sites they were providing had changed. I'm not sure why they couldn't just call me and then send it out, but, whatever. The way the rep explained it to me was that the sites were like any prescription and that they could no longer send out extras. For example, if you had a pill that was prescribed for 30 days, the pharmacy couldn't give you 35 in case you lost a couple. So, like others, we got 4 boxes and then 3 soft packages of 2. I asked what would happen if sites went bad or we needed more and she told me that if it was an issue with their supplies, they would overnight a new set. However, if it was our mistake and we then ran low on supplies later in the month, we would need to contact our Endo or CDE to see if they had any extras on hand to give us. Hopefully, we will not run into that issue but it does stress me out just thinking about it...

13. Bigbluefrog

Called Animas, they said her supplies would be sent out latter that day:

Hopefully will get them by next week.

14. Beach bum

Yes, they are now filling the orders exactly as written. I've started experiencing this with Medco now. For example, our scrip is written change site every 2.5 days over 90 days. That used to mean that I would get 4 boxes of 10. They would just round and not break open the boxes. Now, I get 3 boxes of 10 and then 3 envelopes of 2 sets. Still, having the doctor write it for 2.5 days works well for us, it gives us a buffer if we have any bad sets etc.

You might want to calculate how many set changes will give you a safe buffer (for us it's 2.5 days) that will allow you to have a few extra for bad sets etc.

15. Beach bum

Keep an eye on this, this is what they kept saying to my friend.
    Did you do the online ordering? At least you'll get the Quantamview notice that it ships.

16. Bigbluefrog

no I didn't I ordered by phone. I am hopeful that the supplies will make it by early next week. The person on the other end said it should arrive by this Friday or early next week. We found some insets in her emergency stash so we will be alright. She has two extra at school.

17. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

I'm wondering if Animas increased its prices on its products and that is causing some issues while insurance and Animas re-negotiate everything. Pure speculation, but it seems like a sudden change in supply policy over (I'm assuming) several insurance companies means something general is up?

Of course, I just got back from the grocery last night where I swear every single item had increased in price by at least 10% since my last trip. . . .:(

18. Beach bum

Nope, prices are still the same.

19. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Prices that the insurance company pays? I guess if you have a percentage copay it would show if there was a price hike on the whole price of the product?

20. Bigbluefrog

The price of everything is going up, maybe the cost of the product is the same, but the quanity shipped is less...

Our insurance rates doubled for next year, copays increased significantly and all I can say is Thank God we STILL have insurance...otherwise I would need another full time job to care for my daughters health care.