- advertisement -

Decreasing insulin needs in pregnancy

Discussion in 'Diabetes in Pregnancy' started by crystal, Jun 30, 2006.

1. crystal

crystal Approved members

Has anyone heard of or know of a situation like mine?

I am 36 weeks pregnant with gestational diabetes. I was taking close to 100 units of NPH and Humulog a day with ok blood sugar control. A few days ago I started have tons of hypoglycemic episodes and now I am not taking any insulin at all. My blood sugars are now 60-70 fasting (were 90-115 on insulin) and under 100 postprandial (were 100-150 on insulin).

I am very worried that my placenta is starting to fail. I have had numerous NSTs and a biophysical profile this week and so far everything still looks good with the baby. I am just worried that if we continue to wait until things look bad then we will have a bad outcome. Should I push for an early delivery?

Any similar stories, or advice?

2. jessica

jessica Approved members

to late but mayby I can help someone else

it looks like i am to late for this but i have had d for 25 years and have 4 children and lows at 35 weeks was normal for me the dr said that was my bodies way of getting ready for baby just adjust to get t regular again. mine was so bad my husband would call me every hour from work to check on me and I am the queen of detecting low blood sugars. Just remember you have something noone else has a built in meter to tell you that your going to soon go into labor congratulations to all that read this and are having a little one:) ;)