- advertisement -

Dear Animas, Cozmo pump warranties are almost up.....

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by BrendaK, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Dear Animas,
    Within a few short weeks, all of the remaining Cozmo pump warranties will be expired. We are waiting on pins and needles for the Vibe to be FDA approved. (No pun intended). We are crossing our fingers our Cozmo won't break until we can get the Vibe!!!! Please know we are watching and waiting and hoping......

2. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

The Vibe isn't even submitted to the FDA yet...

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

Have you looked at the T-slim?

For what it's worth, we moved to MM and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

4. beckis

beckis Approved members

Think twice Animas customer service has gone in the toilet.

As of the first of the year Animas' customer service has gone down the toilet. So much so that my endocrinologist won't even prescribe anymore( He is the only pediatric endo within more than a hundred miles, very busy). Especially there billing, we have not had problems with tech support, but we fight every month to get supplies as they are constantly getting returned from insurance company with denials due to errors. If Animas keeps this up they won't have to worry about customer service they will have gone the way of Cosmo. Which we absolutely loved dearly, It was the best pump on the market, and still would be today if available.

5. suzyr

suzyr Approved members

Here is a question that I was wondering about now that we are using the tslim and the G4.

Right now my daughter carries the receiver in her purse when she is out and about or at school and the alarms are plenty loud for her to hear.

When she is home it is in a central location so I can glance at it if i want and know what her number is. I do not have to grab the pump and take a look. At night the receiver is with me so I can wake up and look or if it alarms I can hear it.

When they integrate the pump and cgm will there be a possibilty of a separate receiver as well?

6. Mish

Mish Approved members

I don't think any of us know that yet, for sure, but I would think that dexcom might still make the stand alone unit as there will be people who want to use it with other pumps, much like MM has always continued to provide the Guardian CGM unit.

However, I do know that the next generation Dexcom (G5) is supposed to have some sort of capability to beam to a cell phone in some way. So that might allow a person to have an integrated pump and still have the benefits of a stand alone receiver.

7. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  8. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Why use Animas for your supplies? If you don't like the service, use another business -- take your money elsewhere - that will speak to them!

My son's supplies haven't come from Animas in years.

9. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Well, the Cozmo pump broke less than 2 weeks ago. We went with T-slim. Very very happy with it in the 6 days he's been wearing it. Animas would have been definitely in the running had the Vibe been on the market. And Tandem is aggressively pursuing Dex and T-slim integration, so that was a plus for us that there is hope for that.

10. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

11. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

Yep, they did submit in the meantime. :D Hopefully it doesn't take too long... Some say 180 days is a possibility, but who knows.

And Dexcom CEO Terry Gregg has said that getting a receiver will always be an option for those who want it. That might mean paying for one, but it will at least be available if wanted.

12. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

You're right, I hadn't noticed that this was an older thread. Sorry, Mike. I'll edit the snark out of my post above.

13. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

At least with BCBS IL, we've had no problem with them covering the Guardian at 100% even though the pump is integrated. Hopefully this will work the same way with Dex.