- advertisement -

DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletics' started by Ellen, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

My "avid gamer" semi-couch potato son, LOVES DDR and it's fabulous exercise. We went ahead and spent the money to get an excellent hard pad and it makes a difference. We have noticed that when he does an hour of DDR, he has to reduce his basals for that night. His sibling is enjoying it too :D .

2. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

Ellen,
    Jesse also does DDr , every day... He's getting a 2nd pad as a Chanukah present. All of his friends are reallky into it...
    Now if I could only get him to remember to carb up a bit before....:)
    Stacey

3. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Hi :) ,

Which pad do you have? We have the Red Octane Afterburner. I don't have room for a second one but that's a great idea to have them side by side.

4. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

We should bring a bunch of game systems and pads to Orlando in July and have the teens running contests.

5. Diabetic_Lance

Diabetic_Lance Approved members

It's a realy great game, I have a bunch of freinds who have built great calfs off the game.

:Lance out:

6. Future_Star

Future_Star Approved members

love

i love to dance! It is my best activity!

7. 3js

3js Approved members

We just bought Dance Dance Revolution Super Nova! I hate video games, but this is really fun (and hard) - finally a game I can play with my son. He`s always bugging me to.:D

8. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

My kids love DDR as well! We don't have the hard pad - I will have to check that out!

9. semperwife

semperwife Approved members

Rhiannon won the DDR competition at the ADA Diabetes Expo in Los Angeles. The older kids that she beat told her to keep up the good work. I didn't think it was fair the way they did it. Once you won you had to keep going until someone else beat you. So she wound up doing DDR for 45 minutes straight. She kept saying she was shaky and felt like she was going low on the way home and that night she had a 48. She is prediabetic so we watch her levels but she had never been that low before.

All the kids that participated won wireless DDR dance pads. I thought that was cool!!

10. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Yikes a 48 :eek:! But, that is way cool that she won!!! Congratulations!!!!

11. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Being a teenager excersize is not always at the top of my list of things to get done. But 30 minutes of DDR a day is not hard to squeeze in. Mind you during exams it's not so easy but it is a very good thing to have :)

12. someone

someone Approved members

I actually noticed this game lowers my blood glucose significantly. I play tennis which doesn't have nearly as much of an impact as DDR on my BG. Haven't played DDR in a couple months.. maybe I should start again. heh

13. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

Danielle has started doing this 1/2-hour a day just this weekend. Says she's going to keep it up all summer.

14. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Also a great thing about it is you can buy a second matt and when friends come over or siblings want to compete than everyones getting excersize! They also have some cool modes on DDR super nova! We also have DDR dancing with the stars which is more of a challenge than DDR super Nova

15. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I got DDR for my bday 2 years ago and still love it. Our PS2 is broken so I cant play it anymore :( I also noticed a significant drop in bg- low almost everytime.:eek: