- advertisement -

DD diagnosed 1/28/13 T1

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wendy140, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Wendy140

Wendy140 New Member

Hello! I can't say I happy to become another member of this club!
    On Jan 28 my daughter started throwing up, labored breathing by the time I got her to the ER she was in DKA. We were transferred out to another facility and spent 3 night in ICU. She was so sick, and We were so scared. This was a complete game changer!

Although my daughter has had food "Fun" all her life - she has anaphylatic food allergies since 17 months, Asthma and Eczema...As we were in the hospital a friend asked if she could start meals for when we go home...I politely stated food is not our friend, we eat only for utilitarian purposes.

What seemed so impossible 12 weeks ago is easier and manageable! My daughter has been amazing! She was doing her own shots rather quickly, she has taken over doing all her finger sticks and we have only had one day so far were she hated the world, hated her life. As parents I hate it a little more often, but I know that is normal too right now!

Thank you for this forum whoever started it!! I was reading it in the wee hours of the night as I watched her sleep and keep referencing it often now! Like I said opening...I am not happy about any of us being here, but am glad to have you all in my corner...Just knowing somewhere, someone is going through a sleepless, number crazed night is comforting.

2. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Welcome to the club no one asked to join, glad you found this place, it will definitely help.

How old is your daughter? Sounds like she's doing great so far, but expect many ups and downs for both of you. It can be a rough ride in those early days but before you know it life will resume a normal rhythm.

(edited to add that creating a signature is easy and really helps when you need advice, it's helpful to include age, date of diagnosis, and basic regimen used. Go to user cp up on the top left to create one. It's difficult to give advice or input without that basic info).

3. Wendy140

Wendy140 New Member

Thanks!! Signature was added!! :)