- advertisement -

DD choosing Omnipod or Ping

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

t:slim holds 300 units. It's a pain in the butt to load but otherwise a dream.

2. roo'smom

roo'smom Approved members

I know you've already made your decision, but just something to consider for anyone else reading this thread...
    Changing out a 200 unit cartridge in a tubed pump isn't that big of a deal - you can change it out and NOT change the site. So, if the 200 units doesn't last you the whole 3 days it's no biggie. However, on the pod, if the 200 units doesn't last you the whole 3 days, you're changing the pod more often. Just make sure your script is written to account for that. Sometimes my dd gets the whole 3 days out of a pod, but on the whole insulin usually runs out before then. Gotta love the tween/teen years.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Have to agree completely!

We only only actually change the site and cartridge on the same day foreither of my girls.

4. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Pod errors can be due to occlusion. I've had pod errors where the cannula was clearly bent when I changed it.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

Occlusion errors say "Occlusion" in the PDM alarm history. Pod errors have a pod error number listed. They both have the same squeal of death, though. :wink:

6. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

I think you will both be very happy with your choice and the options it will give.