- advertisement -

Day 2 on MM CGMS - MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by Texas16, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Texas16

Texas16 Approved members

Hoping for widsom from MM CGMS users.

My son is 17, we have been pumping since June and just started CGMS on Monday. Today he is at school and alarms are going crazy. Hopefully we have at least temporarily silenced the alarms (one for calibration, one for a low, one for lost sensor.....you get the picture).

1) Do you charge the transmitter everyday? If not, how many days does it last between charges? I think we loosened his site a bit pulling the clamshell off to charge it.

2) The sensor is raised off his skin a little. I can see a small part of the cannula, should I remove this sensor and start again?

Thanks for the help.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

You do NOT need to take the clamshell off to recharge it more often than every six days- certainly not every day. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how you got a lost sensor.

I would have continued to wear any sensor that was at all working back when I wore minimed sensors, unless it was unbearably painful or itchy.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

DEFINITELY do not charge the transmitter every day. If you do that, you have to the 2 hour warm-up all over again. You have to charge it on day 7 if you want to wear it beyond that, but otherwise, don't disconnect it.

If the sensor is working, don't worry about a little bit of it showing. That happens to us sometimes, and it's fine. :)

4. Texas16

Texas16 Approved members

Thanks for the timely input.....

We have gotten the alarms to stop for now - a couple of legitimate lows....hmmm, wonder if he has been low at this time regularly...

I will leave all parts connected and inserted - thanks again.