- advertisement -

Dawn Phenomenon/MDI

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Heather(CA), Nov 4, 2008.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth is having some serious Dawn Phenomenon...Does anyone have any tricks for dealing with this on MDI? We are talking about the Pod. But I need a fix for now if anyone has one...:confused:

2. yeswe'rebothD

yeswe'rebothD Approved members

I wouldn't know how to help, Heather. I have the Dawn Phenomenon and nothing fixed it for me except pumping.... Hope someone can give you a tip. Can the Dr help?

3. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Sorry Heather, I can only agree with Iana. Phillip had problems with dawn phenomenon too on MDI, and we didn't really get anywhere with it until he started pumping.

4. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

My wife was dealing with this awhile back during pregnancy, we found it easier to control using humalin N twice a day, instead of Lantus ( plus she can't use Lantus while Preggo). So I hope that might be an option before you go pump. Other choice is to wake up around 3 check, then 4 check , then 5 till you figure out what time he is spiking, then wake up at that time every night and check and treat. Not the greatest option but...

5. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Splitting the Lantus dose might help, but no guarantee.