- advertisement -

Daughter going to d camp on Sunday anyone else?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tammy82, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Yes! I felt exactly the same way all 4 yrs my dd went to camp. Most parents I know spent the week on vacation or just enjoying the break. For me, it was the longest week if the year. The only thing that made it tolerable was the fact that it was such a great experience for her.

She graduated from the program last year, & couldn't make up her mind in time to register for another camp this year. Hopefully, next year she'll be attending a week long day camp, but as a counselor in training...if she can make the decision in time. :tongue:

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

My daughter leaves Sunday for 3 weeks! Lol, I can't wait as she is 13 and full of eye rolling. Seriously though, I am happy that she loves it there so much she wants to go 3 weeks. They are so well equipped there. An added plus is that our beloved nurse retired from the clinic and now is head medical director there. So we know she will be well cared for.

3. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

I know i felt really lost last time and getting that nervous feeling again. This time though I will take my other daughter away overnight go to a waterpark and stay in a bed n breakfast. It will be the first time I can go to a waterpark and don't have to worry so I may as well try to enjoy myself for the day.

4. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

that's a nice break. At my daughters camp I think when they are 12 or 13 they have the 2'week camp only so I hope we can afford to do it at the time.

5. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

A waterpark & time with your other daughter sounds like a great distraction, & a great way to focus attention solely on her. Have a great time!