- advertisement -

(Daily) Family dinner time help

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by anna-bananna, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Thank you for all of the replies! Sorry I have not replied back. Just after I posted, DD came down with an illness involving ketones (of course), a headache, fever, and sore throat. She doesn't want to eat, so that is complicating things. We are doing okay, I just don't have time to be on here right now. But, believe me, I will be back to do so ASAP!

Sorry again, and thanks for understanding!

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I just wanted to say how badly I feel for your child. She must be aware of the insensitivity that her own Father and Grandmother are showing toward her incurable disease. I can only imagine how horrible it must make her feel about herself and her illness.

The lack of empathy in some people never fails to amaze me. When it is a parent, it is even worse, in my opinion.

3. Christopher

Just checking to see if the OP came back.....nope....

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

She did reply on the 15th and probabaly considered the matter closed. She may not have seen your reply, but she saw all the others.

5. Christopher

I know. On the 15th she said she would come back later. That is why I said I was checking to see if she came back.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

She hasn't been back. So?????? Perhaps she's busy with the holidays or just life in general. :) Not sure why you needed to point this out. :confused: Could someone perhaps be having a bad day? ;)

7. Christopher

Actually I am having a great day, thanks. :cwds:

I feel very badly for the OP's child and I was interested to see if the OP came back to give an update on how things are going. I am hoping the Father and the Grandmother have stopped with the emotional insensitivity.

It is hard enough for a child to deal with a disease as intrusive and painful as this one is, but to then have your parent and grandparent show such a lack of compassion and understanding, well, that is just cruel.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. caspi

caspi Approved members

Yes, I get that. As does everyone else, including the OP. To continue to bring it up isn't really being helpful. If and when she decides to come back to update us, she will.

9. Christopher

Yeah, I guess I am just a nudge.....Oh well.....:cool:

10. Christopher

11. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Christopher, it's time to drop it. She's already living with the stress and doesn't need more added.

12. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Exactly, way to add insult to insulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.