- advertisement -

Current favorite candy for lows?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nanhsot, Oct 13, 2013.

1. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We mostly do tabs, but do sometimes use candy for variety at school. When we do, it's always holiday related. Peeps at Easter, mini candy canes at Christmas, etc. We have gummy vampires and werewolves right now.

2. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

My. DD mostly uses starburst, airheads, fruit roll ups, and Welches fruit snacks. She won't eat other fruit snacks and she's sick of skittles too. She really prefers pretzels when she is sick of sweet things. They are really fast acting. And there are currently Halloween snack sized packages of those.

My DD also uses a bunk buddy to hold her meter and low snacks next to her on her lofted bed.

3. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

jelly belly beans, sour patch kids, fruit roll ups

4. greenpalm

greenpalm Approved members

We also use Smarties. They are practically pure dextrose, so VERY fast.

I also like them because we can just give her four or six since she's so tiny. Half a roll fixes MOST. Lows for her. A whole roll (6 carbs per whole roll) will fix a BAD LOW (bad low is 40s or 30s, normal low is 60s or 50s)

5. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Our almost 21 yo also uses the smarties 1/2 roll at a time. Her favorite, though, is those little meringue kisses you find in the store.

6. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Soft Lifesavers. Unfortunately it looks like all kids at school like them too :D.