- advertisement -

Crop-Out Fundraiser results......

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by cmconsultant, May 9, 2007.

1. cmconsultant

cmconsultant Approved members

We held the crop on Saturday, May 5th. I had 35 ladies registered to attend, but 42 showed-up :eek:

$2,100 raised for JDRF.

Awesome side note: I always print info. on Type 1 for the ladies - I want them to grasp what life with T1 is like for our kids. One of them called me over and began to question specifics like how many needles and finger pricks per day. She said "isn't there some way he wouldn't have to stick himself 10 times a day?" and I said "well, we've started to investigate the pump because he's just now showing an interest" and explained how that could eliminate so many sticks each day. She asked "then why doesn't he have one already?" and I said "about $3,000 out of pocket with the major medical deductible + 35% of the balance." She said "hold another crop, only this time it will be to raise money to get him an insulin pump - we'll come - we'll all come, and we'll get him a pump."

So, she asked for a date. Then walked around the room and EVERY SINGLE WOMAN there said they would attend to help us out. ;)

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

What exactly is a crop-out? Thats great that you were able to raise that much.. :)

its always great to have more show up than you expected when your talking about rasing money ;)

3. cmconsultant

cmconsultant Approved members

sorry, kim - if i ever got back around to this board i could have answered that question!

it's an all-day scrapbook "crop" - where those of us who are insane about all things scrapbooking come to have hours of uninterrupted, unadulterated F-U-N and work time for our books!

we're actually going national for 2008 and i was about to post that when i read your question .. again, SO SORRY for the delay! here's our webpage for the national event: www.cropoutdiabetes.org - i case you want to read up on it.

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Hi CM Consultant.

I used to be a CM Consultant but I'm not now. But I still crop. I also help organize a "once a year" retreat for a group of online friends from a scrapbooking message board.

Can you tell me more about how you do these crops? How do you find a facility that doesn't cost a fortune. I live in the great DC area - I saw you were having one in Frederick that would benefit Maryland JDRF. I am in Capital Chapter JDRF and would love details about how to do it so that we can see if we can get one to benefit Capital Chapter.

Feel free to PM or email me offboard.