- advertisement -

Creepy kid!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by somanybakers, Nov 15, 2011.

1. somanybakers

somanybakers Approved members

Today in school a kid in my son's class told him he was going to beat him until he got type 3 diabetes. My son told me about this in the car on the way home and I was so pissed! He said that he told the boy that what he said was not at all funny and the kid said he was just kidding. Sounds likke he handled it fine but it just made me so mad. Venting....:mad:

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Glerg.

So sorry, that just stinks! Do you think it is a bullying situation or just one of those dumb kid things. All kids will try to find the "soft spot" to poke at. I hated my nose growing up, so it was "the thing" to tease me about. Does this seem the case or are you more worried?

I'm concerned about the "I am going to beat you until" part. What did your son say?

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

Well - I have mixed feelings on this seeing that William recently had a kid who had been saying stuff like this to him (and him trying to shrug it off) then end up knocking him down and trying to rip off his pump and cgms while punching his infusion site (long story - posted about it here).

I missed looking at how old your child is but I would consider talking to the school about this incident (or report it as bullying if you want to take that route).

As it turned out in our case, the other kid was saying more to William than William was telling me - and William kept trying to use those strategies they teach at school of "ignore, tell them to stop" etc. Then one day the kid goes looney...ugh.:( He only had one major incident with him in the past that I reported to the principal (and the child was disciplined with the parents called in). Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

Whatever you do, I would continue to ask your child about this other kid and explain that anymore comments and we need to tell an adult at school, etc. It is hard to tell what is going to blow over and what isn't.

4. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

wow what a cruel thing to say!!:mad: Kids are so mean these days:mad: I would of been furious too. So sorry about this..

5. Adrienne

Adrienne Approved members

I agree....kids can be so mean:mad: I'm so sorry your son had to go through this.

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Honestly, it sounds like a typical 13 year old boy comment. Actually, it is on the lighter side of what I have heard some tween boys say.

It was not a nice thing to say but nothing I would blow out of proportion. But sorry it upset you so much.

7. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

That was crummy! :mad: A kid was bullying my daughter earlier this year about testing and her test strips ... made me so mad. Kids can be so insensitive, especially when you have a bad apple. I was beside myself when it happened to us. She handled it MUCH better than I did!