- advertisement -

Crazy d connection

Discussion in 'Teens' started by s0ccerfreak, Mar 31, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

We had a band from a new mexico school at our school today. I was gone for lunch, but the kids from NM ate lunch with our kids. I got back during the assembly and managed to find one of my bff's to sit by. She leans over and says, "I saw one of the guys at the table next to us checking his blood sugar!" I looked over and he was getting out his little black kit and testing." I was like what...which one?!?! So she points him out and I got all excited. I *think* he had a cozmo pump lol. But I wasn't brave enough to say anything cuz I didnt even know if it was that kid and ya I am kind of shy (at times) Just though you guys could relate to my strange excitement

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I love when something like that happens. I wish I knew someone my age who has D, but I do not.

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah it's so cool to see someone else pull out a pump, syringe, or meter. Right after I got my pump I saw a guy with one clipped to his belt in a restaurant. Even though he was like 40, it was still like instant connection.

4. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

Yeah, I know the feeling. You meet someone with a pump and you wanna run over and start talking to them...
    Happened to me a few times- but I was too shy to actually sat something.

5. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

After my night of no sleep (well 3 hrs) I had to go register for fall classes. As I'm walking down the hall I hear someone say something about t1d. I walk over and tell them I have d. Turns out this person has a 7yo boy who was dx'd t1 at 18 months and the admissions counselor she was chatting with has 2 brothers with t1. So my mom and I talked to the mom and her daughter for 5-10 minutes. They're looking into the pump so I showed them mine and we told them about the awesome camp I went to as a kid. It was so cool that out of all the people there we happend to walk past them as they're talking about d. I gave them my email and if I don't hear from them I hopefully will see the girl in the fall.