- advertisement -

cozmonitor battery/system errors

Discussion in 'Glucose Meters' started by MTmicah, May 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MTmicah

MTmicah New Member

I've seen quite a bit on the cozmonitor and whether people like it or not, but I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced actual technical problems with it. I get low battery messages and system error alerts half the time when I try to test, even 1 day after replacing the battery. I got so frustrated that I went back to my way-old (pre-Flash) Freestyle for a while. I've been trying to use the cozmonitor again recently, and its the same - low battery alert or system error, sometimes both at the same time...other times it won't even recognize that I've put a test strip in and it'll go back to the stand-by screen.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

That did happen to us and we called and got a new one. The will also offer suggestions on how to troubleshoot it. We got our new one in two business days and they were very nice about it. It is a pain to have to use a regular meter and enter the BG#, but it is better than the Pump malfunctioning.

Good luck......................TRACY

3. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

I've never had that happen in 20 months of exclusively using the Cozmonitor. :confused: I'd call Smiths and have them send you a new one. Something is wrong.

4. lynn

lynn Approved members

We had the same problems. I tried using it for a few months and then got sick of it and went back to the Flash. I figured it was a weakness with it so I never called about it.

Hmm. Maybe I will call and get a new one. I am too lazy to input all the blood sugar readings into the pump.

5. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

Danielle uses her CozMonitor almost exclusively. The only time we have had error issues with it (since Aug 06), I called Smiths and they shipped me a new one. They have been great.

6. MTmicah

MTmicah New Member

thanks all. s'pose i'll stop being lazy about it and call them.

7. kpman1006

kpman1006 New Member

I was looking for help with my monitor when I found this site. I am 41yrs old and was diagnosed when I was 9yrs old. I've been through alot like Diabetic Retinopathy, amputation of my left toes, digestive problems, and numerous operations the last being a kidney/pancrease transplant. I am now awaiting a 2nd pancrease transplant because my new one failed.
    I had been using the pump with the cozmonitor for 8 months befor the transplant then put it away for safe keeping, but I didn't seperate them or remove the cozmonitors battery. When I started using them again in 1/o8 I had to clean the telepathy points on each to get accurate readings. I then dropped the monitor while cleaning the points and started getting error messages and can't use it so I will take everyones advice and call.
    Everyone, keep up the good work of taking care and control of your Diabetes. Good luck!:cool: