- advertisement -

Cozmo question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, May 6, 2008.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Question for cozmo users. If I forget to exit out of the "load" screen, will the basal still deliver. I had to change Sam's site out at Karate tonght (the other one fell out). I filled tubing, fill cannula, and then thought that I reset the reminder. An hour and a half later I checked him and he was in the 300's. Checked his pump and it was on "alarm", I hit ok and it was still on the reminder check box. I exited out and all was well. What I do not know is if the basal was delivered while I was stuck on reminder for over an hour. The high could have been no basal or just karate doing funny things to his numbers. I just need to know for future reference if basal is still delivered if this happens again

thanks

shannon

2. Nelson

Nelson Approved members

I honestly don't know whether the Cozmo will deliver basal in the middle of the load sequence that is not "done". Very likely not, since it is not done loading.

But, I have another question. Why change out the tubing if the site fell out. Why not just put in another infusion set, reconnect with the exsisting tubing and cartidge, and get back to kicking and hitting?

Actually, for kicking and hitting, why not just bolus a bit and then disconnect for the duration of the karate class? Is the class longer than 1 to 1.5 hours?

Good luck,
    Nelson

3. kajumom

kajumom Approved members

The insulin will still deliver if it was not done. When doing a load in the middle of a dose, it will ask you when you are done with the reminder etc.. to continue the bolus. You just say yes. If it did not ask you this then it would have delivered it all. Another thing is, you can always look back in the bolus history and it will tell you what was delivered last. I hope that helps and that I understood your question right.:eek:

4. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Yes, it will. Something I perfer about the Cozmo to my Paradigm.

5. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I did not change out the tubing, just did a "fill tubing" so that I could make sure insulin was dripping out.

Sam's Karate is 3 hours long and is much more than just kicking and hitting. Last nights class was forms, demo team and sparring. He goes way high with katate and disconnecting would be a disaster.

6. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Shannon, do you mean to tell me that you made a mistake? LOL! Just kidding. I never thought of that one. Don't know the answer. Hey, you didn't send me that email. If I do make it on the 31st Sammy will have to give me demo of his karate skills. Hope you get it figured all out soon. Ty's numbers have been a little wacky the past few days. Home sick today. I guess I got my answer.

Tami