- advertisement -

Cozmo Pump users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jackie UK, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Jackie UK

Jackie UK Member

For those that previously used Cozmo pumps - if you have move on to a new brand of pump - which did you choose and why?

I am asking on behalf of another parents whose Cozmo is out of warranty

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We went from a Cozmo to the Vibe.. It felt right for us. We trialled the AccuChek combo and the Veo, but the Vibe I thought was most like the Cozmo in the loading process, the fact that it wouldn't work without a cartridge installed correctly and that it showed the actual amounts of insulin in the cartridge. Little things - but 'smart' (for want of a better word)things :cwds:

I have seen an article where Tandem Diabetes has acquired the patents from Smiths Medical for the Cozmo features, so that might be a good pump to look at if its available for you.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

To MM for the 300u cartridge. But that was 2 years ago, I might be looking at the tSlim if we were shopping today.

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Other pumps don't show the actual amounts of insulin in the cartridge ? That is nuts. I think I am in for a world of disappointment when I need a new pump. My pump is out of warranty in Oct 2013

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

MM definitely shows the actual amount of insulin in the cartridge. I think they all do.

6. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

You may want to read John Walsh's newest version of Pumping Insulin to see how the various pumps calculate things like IOB.

FYI, Tandem (t:Slim) announced yesterday they purchased intellectual property from Smith's (Cozmo)

7. Traci

Traci Approved members

We switched to Omnipod from Cozmo. We had intended to wait until our warranty expired, but loved the Omnipod so much that we just changed early. I had chosen Cozmo over the other pumps before, so I knew we were looking for something "different". The ease of insertion (no need for numbing cream), the intuitiveness of the menus, not having to disconnect for swimming/water activities, and of course, being tubeless were all reasons we chose Omnipod.

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

On the Veo we trialled - on the home screen it only showed the reservoir icon (an odd sort of syringe) which was blacked out and divided into 4 showing approx 25% segments - the actual volume didn't show on the main screen but probably shows elsewhere..
    With the Combo You tell the pump how much you have put in and it takes it from there so it is pretty much a guesstimate.

9. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes, the actual volume is on the pump status screen. Press "ESC" and it is right there.

10. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

Hunter went from Cozmo to MM and now the tslim. We are loving the tslim and it has so many Cozmo features and will be getting more in the future.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We are looking at the tslim, can you tell me some of the features that it has that are unique?