- advertisement -

Cost to get 2nd ping remote? School being nosy.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jaredsmom, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am so glad you are going to fight this - it is within your right. This has made me mad ever since reading about it in a different thread. I DO believe it might be a violation of Hippa since the Principal should not have access to his medical info - it isn't like he is a circus freak.

2. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

Thank you all for your support. It is great to have others that know what it is like to raise a diabetic child and that everything isn't cut and dried. It takes a lot of work on our part to make sure his blood sugars stay under control and to be accused of not properly caring for our son has been very disheartening however unsubstantiated the claims are. It also make it difficult to know my son will be in this jr high for 2 1/2 more mths. He absolutely does not want to change schools because he has a lot of friends where he is at. We just want them to follow his care plan and mind their own dang business. Quite frankly if I called the school at this point I would probably end up going into full b!tch mama mode. And losing my temper is not a very responsible thing. As much as I would love to give them a piece of my mind I think it's time for a mediator.

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

I'm confused why there's two threads on the same subject. Contact the mods and ask for a merge.

4. Ben'sMom

Ben'sMom New Member

School Board

My son is 11 and was just diagnosed six months ago. We live in a very small school district without a nurse. I am on the school board and I think you should go to their next meeting and explain to them what is going on. My advice when you go in is to try and stay calm and clearly explain how your son is not getting proper care while in the school's care. Tell them that you are at your wits end and don't know what to do, but you do know that the principal violated privacy laws. Tell them that all you want is your son to receive proper care while at school and you don't want to pursue a lawsuit, but you will do anything you can to get your son the care he needs. Maybe have your endo write a letter explaining what the difference is between what is in the plan and what they are doing. If you have a good school board, all of these issues might be taken care of by the next day. I am furious for you! Good luck!

5. stewkimmom

stewkimmom Approved members

OMG! I can't believe the school is doing that. I would not take this at all. Good luck and keep your head up!

6. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Approved members

Make sure you take accurate notes of all future contact with the school. Note time, date, and who you were speaking with and a synopsis of what was said. You will need this info.
    This is just incredible...I can't fathom why a school principle would even think to contact Child Services rather than supporting the child and/or their family.

Are there any other children with diabetes within the school? If so are you aware of how they are being treated?

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Actually, I am glad that the poster started a new thread instead of continuing in someone elses thread that was over a year old.

8. swellman

swellman Approved members

Which, of course, is fine which is why I suggested a merge - they can merge just the part in common with this thread.

9. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

This is why I started a new thread probably should have done that to begin with but someone else had just dug that one up from the depths and when I posted the first time I didn't notice how old the original post was. I never know how to title these. Been here for a long time just don't post a lot. We really didn't have any issues with the school untill this year and it is because they got rid of his Para she actually was very intune with Jared and she and I have become good friends over the years so if anything was going on she didn't think was right she would always let me know right away. When he went from elementary to jr high she went with him. She cared for him since 2nd grade.

10. Tomdiorio

Tomdiorio Approved members

LOL. I feel I would be the same way. I dont even know you and I feel so angry about this. However, keeping calm is the proper approach. I have a short fuse for people like that, so I commend you for keeping your cool.

I hope all works out, and the principal is reprimanded for his actions.