advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour USB meter

Discussion in 'Glucose Meters' started by wearingtaci, Nov 26, 2012.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

has anyone used it? We got one in the mail today and it looks neat

2. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We've used this meter for the past 2 yrs. She likes it because it's small & looks cool. I like it because it's rechargeable, & the software makes spotting trends very easy....color coded.

3. wearingtaci

Have you had trouble with the readings being off. When we test with it side by side with our one touch meter the results are.often 50 points off of the one touch

4. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Years ago, a friend and I tested our DD's side by side with the Contour USB and their Accuchek and got exactly the same results from both meters. Bayer has new Contour Next test strips which they claim are very accurate, especially for lows. Are you using those strips? DD's insurance has not approved the new strips yet, so we are anxiously waiting.

5. wearingtaci

No we are using the older strips that came with the meter. We are still so new to D that we didn't code the meter,so maybe that is the issue. We only have one touch control solution so I have to find bayer control solution. Or are all control solutions created equal

6. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

I don't know if all control are equal, but you can always get Bayer to send you some control solution. I have never had to pay for it.