- advertisement -

Contour Next Link Meter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jules12, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

My son loves this new meter. He much prefers the "linked" meter to putting in his BG's. We have been suffering through the Ultra Link (I personally think it is awful) but he didn't mind the bulk to save entering his BG. Love the size of the Contour NEXT!

Our experience with the Contour is that it has been within 10 points of his One touch Meters. I have checked at different times and BG levels.

I was worried about the cost of the NEXT strips because of the higher tier but with Bayer's Contour Choice, the NEXT strips are costing us $10 less per month than our copay for one touch.

2. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Good to hear you like the Contour. We just received it but have not opened it yet. Waiting to finish our One Touch supply first.

3. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

We've used it a few times for practice, but we had just filled her One Touch supply when we got it so we are waiting to use it as her full time meter. For now she is manually entering bs numbers; we don't have the ultralink (she just started pumping)