- advertisement -

Contact Lenses

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by LadyBug, Aug 3, 2010.

1. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

I'm thinking about getting contact lenses, but aside from all the other stuff I've gotta figure out, I'm wondering about how they'll feel when I'm high. When I'm over...eh...250[ish] for any length of time my eyes get hot/itchy/scratchy/etc, and I'm wondering how the contacts would affect it. Any input would be great, thanks guys!!

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I also posted this in the general forum:

Hey, my Coco just got contacts. she hasn't mentioned much about her contacts bugging her while high, but I have heard her say that her eyes are dry and she had to use some drops only to have her test and have her be high.

Other then that, she has no problems at all.

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

thanks!!!!!

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I have wore contacts since 1988, so before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I don't always have problems with my eyes drying out when high. Contact rewetting drops or even just taking them out and rinsing them helps.

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

great, thanks, that's really helpful:D. i'm going in today, so we'll see what they say...:cwds:

6. etringali

etringali Approved members

i didn't have D in mix, but my eyes tended to get dry. I would use artificial tears before inserting, and some rewetting drops thorughout the day.

7. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

allergies sometimes give me dry itchy eyes, I use my allergy eyedrops ,the extra moisturizing kind, then put in contacts.