- advertisement -

contact detach and metal detectors

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Abbysmom, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Abbysmom

Abbysmom Approved members

Does anyone know if the steel needle in a contact detach will alarm at an airport. If I just remove the pump for inspection, would her site still set off the alarm?

2. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Not likely at all. It's a miniscule amount of metal. Think about that tiny needle compared to the zipper on a pair of jeans ;)

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

It won't set it off... in fact you can walk through with your pump if you remove the clip. The clip will set it off, but not the pump itself.

You are also not required to remove any medical device for "inspection"... if they are really that concerned about it they can swab it for explosives while it's still attached.

4. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

The metal site has never set off the alarm. For some reason his pump does though. It's a pain.

5. Lani

Lani Approved members

Ashton wears the contact detach and has not set off any alarms going through security. But- he has been taken aside and searched and wanded because of his pump. :(

6. Abbysmom

Abbysmom Approved members

Thank You

You right, I didn't think about zippers and such. I was planning trying to removing the pump for inspection and having her walk though first before asking for the wand.
    Sound like that might work. Thanks