- advertisement -

Considering the pump

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by cassandra, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I split my son's Lantus shortly before going on the pump and had the best blood sugar control ever on shots! I did one shot at 10 pm and the other at 7 am. The inconvenience of so many injections with different ratios finally overwhelmed me. I wanted my son to be able to go on scout camping trips and so many shots would not work when away from home.

The pump is great for convenience.

2. BennysMom

BennysMom Approved members

Wow, we're in the exactly same boat- I'm 24 years old and was diagnosed at 7 as well! :) I have nothing but good things to say about going on the pump. I went on it in December 2005 shortly after I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. It took some time to adjust to having the thing attached to me after 15 years on shots, but pretty soon I barely noticed it at all (unless the site got irritated or pulled). My a1c went down from 9.2 in Nov 05 to 6.8 in Feb 06. :) My a1c's have been in the 6's and 7's since. I also was able to deliver a healthy (albeit a little bit big) baby boy, and I thank the pump for a lot of that. I highly recommend it. if you have any questions about it feel free to message me. :)

3. Dee

Dee New Member

Go For It!

I think you should go for it.I am in the process right now of selecting a pump.I think I like the Deltec Cozmo the best.I just wish it had a CGMS with it.I still might get it.If you have the means to go on the pump, do it!