- advertisement -

Connor's Endo Appt.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Sep 8, 2009.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Connor had his endo appt today (Tuesday). Boy has it been a long day. The endo is 2 hours away and we got out just in time for 5:00 traffic so we did not get home until 8:00pm.

The appt went well. His A1C is back down to 6.1. She doesn't want it to go any lower but is fine with it in the 6 range. She was pleased with his numbers overall and said his standard deviation is pretty good. He has had a few too many lows the past 2 weeks but I knew that already. School has really messed with us but we are getting a handle on it now.

He had his annual labs drawn a couple of weeks ago and the Celiac panel came back negative for everything. His thyroid was also fine. His good cholesterol is 52 which is great. The bad (LDL I think) is 101. She said that is ok but she does not want it to go any higher so try to cut back on his fat intake just a little.

She really praised us for how we are handling things and was not able to suggest any changes I had not already made. She just told me to email if anything comes up I need another set of eyes to look at.

Now for my brave move of the day:
    We left school early enough to eat lunch on the way and Connor wanted pizza buffet so we went. It was 12:15 when we got there. Here are his blood sugars for the day. I can't believe how lucky we got.

12:15 91 (before pizza)(pre-bolused 30 carbs, then post-bolused 100 carbs on a 1.5 hour square)
    2:40 166 (2 hours post meal)
    3:30 98 (at the endo's office)
    6:15 160 (Ate Subway for dinner)
    8:15 100 (Before bed)
    10:15 113

2. buggle

buggle Approved members

Impressive A1c and super impressive post-pizza BGs. :)

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

All around excellent, I'd say!:cwds:

4. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Play the lottery....;)

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Great A1c! Great appt! I'll call you the next time we have pizza.;)

6. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Woo Hoo! we love good endo visits!

7. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Awesome A1C, and wow on the pizza numbers! Way to go, Mom!