- advertisement -

Connor's endo appt.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Aug 13, 2008.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Connor had his endo appt today (Tuesday) and it went really well. His A1C was 6.2! (That is down from 6.6 at his last appt.) The endo was very pleased with his A1C. She said his numbers looked good overall and we are doing a great job. It's always nice to hear the doctor say your doing a great job.

She wants me to make a couple of minor changes to a couple of his basal rates. Both were changes that I had already decided needed to be made so it was nice that she backed me up on those. She also told me to tighten up his target range a bit so we are going to 80-120 during the day and 90-130 at night. (We were at 90-130 during the day and 90-140 at night.) Once the basal changes are made she wants me to drop his breakfast ratio to 1:10 if he keeps spiking after breakfast.

We got new prescriptions and a new packet for school. We go back in November. We will have labs drawn 2 weeks before the next appt.

2. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

Congratulations! I would love to have target ranges like that. I SO can't wait to get Greg's pump! It really seems like you guys are doing a great job! :D

3. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Wow! That's an Amazing A1C!!
    Great Job, Mom!!:D:)

4. mph

mph Approved members

AWESOME job!!!!!!!!!!!:D

That's my "dream" endo appointment.;)

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

awesome! that's incredible!