- advertisement -

Connor saw GI today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Dec 18, 2008.

  1. sarahconnormom

    sarahconnormom Approved members

    Mar 12, 2008
    To go over the results from his celiac panel last month.

    We were originally scheduled for January but they called Monday afternoon and said there was a cancellation for Wed at 3:45 and we could come then if we wanted. Of course I took it.

    The GI looked over his labs and said the level that is elevated is the least concerning one. I was very glad to hear that. Since Connor is symptom free the GI wants to wait until summer and run the labs again. He wants to order them himself next time because there are a couple of other things he wants to look at in addition to the celiac levels. He also mentioned sending his labs to California next time to a specialized lab.

    For now we are to leave everything as it is and if he shows any symptoms at all I am to call the GI right away and we will proceed with the scope. As long as he remains symptom free we will just wait until summer and redo the labs. We have been seeing this GI since Connor was a baby so I trust his judgement.
  2. chocoholicsc

    chocoholicsc Approved members

    Apr 1, 2008
    Oh, that's great! One less thing to loom over you guys for the holidays!:)

  3. Flutterby

    Flutterby Approved members

    Nov 11, 2006
    he probably wants to send his labs out to promethius in CA, its a very large specialty lab that does a whole celiac panel as well as genetic testing.

    I hope he continues to be symptom free and the labs this summer come back clear!:)
  4. Beach bum

    Beach bum Approved members

    Nov 17, 2005
    Glad to hear it!

Share This Page

- advertisement -

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice