- advertisement -

Connor planned the menu for dinner tonight

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Oct 10, 2008.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Connor has his first basketball game in the morning and he is so excited. He asked if he could plan a special dinner tonight to celebrate.

The menu:
    Hotdogs (cooked over a campfire of course)
    chips
    diet soda
    donuts for dessert (he picked everyone their favorite kind from the bakery)

Normally we would not eat this menu for dinner but he was so excited I just couldn't say no. TG for the pump so I can extend his bolus to cover the donut. He does ok with donuts as long as we do a dual wave.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that allows a 'junk' dinner occasionally as a treat.

2. loonytune

loonytune Approved members

That is lovely, i hope the game goes well, and junk is ok once in a while, we all love the movie Elf and he eats weird food, like spaghetti with candy and syrup, since we first saw the movie years ago my kids have had an Elf dinner on their birthdays, really, spaghetti with smarties and ice cream sauce and popping candy is something else!!!! Gotta love the pump!!!!
    Enjoy.:)

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

We have junky dinners from time to time! I bet Connor is pleased with himself getting to plan this.

Good luck with the game tommorow!

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

good luck at the game!!
    That's great he planned a campfire menu, mine would have planned something similar, but probably would have gone with s'mores for dessert.

Junk?? I tell the kids its all about balance, be realistic. We don't ban any foods here with the exception of sugar alcohols.

5. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Awwww....hes too cute!! How was his game? Did he have fun?