- advertisement -

Connecticut Friends

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MadeleinesMom, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MadeleinesMom

MadeleinesMom Approved members

Hello. This is my first post...although I have been reading posts here for quite some time. I love this website! I have a beautiful little girl who is 4 that was diagnosed 18 months ago. We are looking for some new friends for Madeleine to meet close by that are diabetic as well. She is curious about meeting other children who are happy and well and living with this awful disease. If you are in Connecticut or close to Litchfield county, we would like to get together, maybe plan some play dates at parks.

Thanks,
    Joanne Descoteaux
    Mom of Maddie 4yo.-Dx 10-15-08
    Mom of Roger 6 yo. NonD

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Hi and welcome.

Just wanted to let you know that there is a great day camp in Greenwich, called the Rainbow Club, run by the Barton Center for Diabetes. It's one of the few that takes young kids, I think they start at age 3. It runs the last week of June. We've been going the last 2 years (I grew up in CT, my parents are in Trumbull so we make a vacation out of it), and Abby has gotten so much out of it. We'll be there again next week. It's worth looking into!

Best of luck, and welcome to the club no one wants to be in.

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Hi Joanne, and welcome. We're in Fairfield County.

Have you contacted your local JDRF chapter? They might be able to get you in touch with other local families. Or even your endo's office.

4. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Oy! That's something we should look into next year. DH's job's headquarters is in Stamford. We used to live in Milford. ~K was actually born there at Bridgeport Hospital.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

It's a great camp, and because people come from Tri-state area, they offer parent sessions, which for the most part, are very interesting.

I grew up in Milford, was born in B'port too!:D

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi Joanne, welcome to CWD :) We are located in the northeast corner of this fine state. We have family out in New Hartford, beautiful area out there but really dont like the drive through Hartford very much. Hope to see you posting and would love to meet up somewhere, possibly with some of the rest of the CT and surrounding areas, crew