- advertisement -

Congratulations to Mr. Diabetes...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by musicjunkie, Dec 18, 2008.

1. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

I got this in an email today from Aram Anup...I thought it was cool and would share...

Dear Friends

We all talk about efforts being made to raise awareness about diabetes. I know of one man who has worked very hard to achieve just that.

Let me introduce Andy Mandell whom I saw walking on Rt 27 in Princeton in front of Durga Temple in 2005. I think he had a banner saying he is walking to raise awareness about diabetes. Out of curiosity I stopped him to chat with him and was really impressed by his efforts.

I have great news to share today and want all of you to be a part of this great occassion. Mr Mandell now known as Mr. Daibetes has walked not 10, not 100, not 1,000 but 10,000 (yes TEN thousand) miles in the past 8 years.

When I saw Andy2 years ago he was over 55+ years of age, had diabetes for about 20 years, had logged 8,000 miles walking and this Sunday Dec 21,2008 he is completing his 10,000 mile walk across the whole country. Mr. Diabetes is a great source of inspiration for all of us. We all make excuses about walking 10,000 steps a day. Talk about weather, joint pains and what not. Andy has walked in all weathers, on all types of roads and has never complained about pains which I am sure he had a lot. He is finishing this walk in Madeira Beach Florida (his home town). If you live in the area go and support him amd put his pictures on line.

Wherever in the world you may be, it will be great if we can congratulate him on this great achievement.

Write to him at apmandell@aol.com

You can tell him I told you about him. Also feel free to send this message to as many people as you can by this Saturday (Copy and paste or forward) that Mr Daibetes can know we all stand behind him and salute him for his Herculean effort.

Andy has done more to raise awareness about diabetes then anyone else that I know.

My Best Wishes to Mr Diabetes
    Dec 18, 2008
    DrAnup
    ARAM

(copy and paste or forward to as many friends as you can that they can encourage Mr Diabetes.)

PS. I am not endorsing any products sold at that site

2. TonyCap

TonyCap Approved members

Cool, thanks for sharing this. :)