- advertisement -

Concerns

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by melbruno, Jan 3, 2011.

1. melbruno

melbruno Approved members

i am a little concerned about my 4 year old son. i think he is diabetic. he has been having these episodes where he turns ghostly white and vomits on the floor. shortly after that he eats and is fine. at first i thought he was having brain serizures, but now i am not so sure. the reason is because shortly after he vomits and the eats he goes back to being a normal 4 year old. any advice would be helpful. he has a doctor appt on wednesday. i took his blood sugat about 15 min ago and it was 137.

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

All anyone on this site can do is applaud your for making the doctor's appointment for your son. We aren't in the business of diagnosing diabetes, but to provide support for those with diabetes.

The CWD site has lots of information. Take a look at this page: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_0n_100.htm#symptoms

3. melbruno

he has an appt tomorrow. i will find out more then. thank you

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I hope everything turns out ok. If he does have diabetes, this is a great site to learn more about it!

5. Ben07

Ben07 Approved members

I pray you find out some answers tomorrow. Let us know.

6. melbruno

well the dr states that he does not have diabetes. he claims that the blood sugar drops first thing in the morning, but i dont understand if it drops low enough for my son to turn ghost white, why doesnt the dr think anything is wrong. i dunno......

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Do you know what tests your Dr. ran to make that determination? The tests for diabetes are very simple and definitive. A simple blood glucose or urine glucose test is used to check for diabetes.

If your Dr. doesn't think it is diabetes, then what did he say is wrong with your son? Clearly his behavior indicates there is a problem.

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes include:
    excessive thirst
    excessive urination
    excessive hunger
    weight loss
    fatigue
    blurred vision
    high blood sugar level
    sugar and ketones in the urine
    Kussmaul breathing (rapid, deep, and labored breathing of people who have ketoacidosis or who are in a diabetic coma)
    vaginal yeast infections in girls (even infants and toddlers)
    bed wetting, especially when the child was not wetting previously

8. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

I hope you are pushing your doctor to figure out what is going on with him. Good luck!

9. melbruno

i am trying to push the dr to do tests on my son. me being his mother knows there is something wrong. if the dr doesnt want to test my son then i will change drs again. the dr went by his last blood test which was about 4 months ago and my son had eaten before that blood test, and his blood sugar was fine.

10. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I would demand an answer. If his tests came back negative, which I think they need to do a recent test, that just means they need to keep looking until they figure out what it is.

Please keep us updated.