- advertisement -

comparing sticky solutions

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

So you want a little extra help getting dex sensors or pump sites to stick?

Which products do you use and like best? Bandaids, vet wrap, Tegaderm, skin tac, Grif grips, other?

2. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Skin Tac has always been my favorite adhesive, but after spilling two bottles of Skin Tac in the past two months, we're back to using nothing under the tape. Nothing like trying to get Skin Tac off carpet to end the love affair.

Favorite tape is Hypafix. Kids won't use anything else.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

OpSite FlexiFix
    IV Prep
    GrifGrips
    Mastisol

4. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

In another recent post, mmgirls said she sticks the dexcom tape to Opsite flexifix tape, then the flexifix tape to the skin (so no Dexcom tape is in contact with the skin). I tried it and we're 11 days into this sensor and it's just as secure as day 1. I added another step and put another layer of flexifix with a hole cut out for the sensor over top and overlapping the other tapes and it's very secure.

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Alcohol wipe
    Flovent
    Tough pad
    dex sensor
    opsite tape around the edges

Solves both my itching and sticking problems and lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Attached Files:

6. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

SkinTac & either a Grifgrips or Hypafix. Flexifix caused a blistery rash.

7. andiej

andiej Approved members

We had a few problems with my sons Libre Sensor falling off long before the 14 day life span. For a few months now i've wiped each sensor adhesive with skin tac wipes before applying. Since using them all of them have lasted the full 14 days. Particularly like it as it feels better to him than putting anything over the top. Also if edges do start to peel we can dab them back down.

8. mamaberkhie

mamaberkhie Approved members

We started with grif grips but they weren't working out very well. They peeled even with the hair dryer application and left nasty glue rings afterwards.

Now we are using flexifix with a little skin tac. So far so good. I am just so bad at cutting and applying it!

9. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

For us, liquid skin-tac with flonase underneath and rock tape on top. There is a great group on Facebook called "Dexcom Rash" where people share ideas about how they affix the Dex. I know you asked about stickiness and not a rash but you would probably get some good info there.