- advertisement -

  1. earruda

    earruda Approved members

    Feb 13, 2006

    I am starting to look at colleges with my daughter who is a senior this year. Does anyone know of any colleges that offer good grants/aide ect for kids with Type 1? Does it qualify her as a "disabled" student? She hates the idea of applying as someone with a disability but we need all the help we can get with college.

  2. obtainedmist

    obtainedmist Approved members

    Aug 3, 2010
    As far as money for a T1 dx, there is a scholarship through the JDRF (I think it's $5000). http://www.diabetesscholars.org/college.html We tried for that one but didn't get it. It helps if she is super involved with the JDRF or other Diabetes related organizations. If she is a good student with good test scores, there are some schools we found that give very good merit aid. If you're looking at small liberal arts schools, I would check out: University of Puget Sound (WA), Ithaca College (NY), American University (DC), Willamette University (OR). University of Puget Sound gave us the most ($12,000). I'm sure there are a ton of other ones out there for good merit aid.
  3. misscaitp

    misscaitp Approved members

    Jul 26, 2007
    I didn't have much luck finding scholarships specifically for diabetes, maybe 2 or 3. But I agree with the PP in that small liberal arts give a lot of money. I received over $31000 in financial aid from the college I'm attending in the fall (hood college). $17000 in merit, $8000 in grants, $5500 in stafford.

Share This Page

- advertisement -

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice