- advertisement -

College Board Disability APplication

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by efrothschild, Sep 9, 2007.

1. efrothschild

efrothschild New Member

Hello. I am new to this forum. Does anyone have experience with College Board Disability for PSAT, SAT and AP exams? Specifically, I am wondering if anyone has chosed extended time or extra/extended breaks for these exams and if so, what their child's experience was.
    Thanks.
    Ellen
    mom of high school sophomore

2. Margaret O

Margaret O Approved members

My son went to a private school and was not under a formal 504 program so he could not get a special room or time to eat. He took the SATs at the local public school. I was told he had to have a 504 plan to be approved for special accomodations. He did talk to the moderators and explained that he may need to eat during the test and they were okay with that, as long as he didn't make a big deal of it. I have to say we live in a small town and they knew him so I think that helped. He just checked his b/g during the breaks and adjusted accordingly. BTW...he did very well during the SATs both regarding his D management and his scores:D Yea!

Margaret O

Mom to Pat-18 Type 1 -dx'd 4/16/03

3. wildfire6299@yahoo.com

wildfire6299@yahoo.com Approved members

College Board

My daughter was a sr last year in high school. The guidance department filled out the form stating she may need to take a break to check her sugar, etc - with no time penalty. I got a letter from her Diabetic Educator and Endo to back it up. Had no problems - College board granted permission in case she needed. She never actually had to use it, but it was there in case. Good luck.

Sandy