- advertisement -

Coding One Touch Strips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rtjlolson, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rtjlolson

rtjlolson Approved members

We just got a 3 month supply of strips from our mail order pharmacy today. I was thrilled that once again the # on every container was 25. It has been 25 for the past 6 months. We used to get a shipment and it would have all different numbers in it which meant we had to be careful to code the meter every time we opened a new container of strips. I must say I am thrilled by the little things when it comes to managing diabetes. Has the company changed their need to code strips and everyone is now getting 25's or is this just a fluke??

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Everyone is getting the 25s. :)

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

We have all 25s and have for the last several months. What gives?

4. rtjlolson

rtjlolson Approved members

Hear I thought I was full of luck. I guess winning the lottery isn't going to happen for me then, but I still love opening the box and finding out they are all 25's!!

5. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

They switched to "no coding" about a year ago when the black strips with the printing came out, to be replaced rather quickly with the blue ones... they're all 25 now.

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Everything is 25s now. We haven't coded in months....close to a year, I bet.

7. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

They're all 25's now BUT... be careful, because the meters still have the ability to change numbers. We've had a couple of times when the meter accidentally got bumped up or down a few numbers. So I still check periodically when we insert a strip to make sure that the meter still says 25.

8. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Not a fluke, all of ours is 25 too. We just had to code if we start using a new meter. I thought it was pretty weird that they all have the same code #. I've even gotten strips of 10 and their code is 25 also.

9. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I don't think I have coded in about a year either...thought it was luck of the draw!! Little did I know this is OneTouchs solution to No-coding...

10. LJM

LJM Approved members

I must have missed the notification, was there one?

11. Trev

Trev Approved members

Coding

Just spoke to the company rep, and they should all be the same. As they were losing business because the competitors meters did not require coding.
    Cheers!

12. JNL

JNL Approved members

WHeewy,, one less thing to think about.