- advertisement -

Coach was willing to learn....

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Izzi, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

I am happy. Though we did not win tonight, the assitant coach told me something.... he wanted to learn. I asked, "About what?" He said "What you do. In the locker room on the bench and the thing around your waist." I smiled. I never had anyone tell me that. During the 3rd quarter, I showed him what I do in my purse. I check my BS. "Oh ok", he said. What's that do he asked pointing to my lancet device. It pokes me I replied. What about them? (pointing to the strips... I had already had one in so he didnt see me take anything out)....It does the test to see what my BS is I told him. "Oh...ok...not that hard...right?" He said. Yep. Easy.
    He also asks...what are you? 147, 182, 156 etc. What numbers are good to be playing in the game. I told I like to stay around 140-180.

It just made my day tonight. Him wanting to learn. Even though this is the last year we'll be together. He wanted to. I just wanted to say Im on cloud 9.......

2. Abbie

Abbie Approved members

Your coach seems really nice... my basketball coaches avoid the fact that i have diabetes as much as they can which is really frustrating. i've tried bringing it up to them and they are like "well, if you can't deal with it yourself, don't play" i'm like "what? i can manage perfectly well, just thought you'd want to have some idea of why i have to prick my finger before each game" he replies with "whatever" whats up with that??? :confused: