- advertisement -

Christmas

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Abbie, Dec 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Abbie

Abbie Approved members

hey, its Abbie. its my 1st Christmas with diabetes, and i was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to deal with parties and stuff. i've already asked "santa" for sugar free candy!:D thx

2. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

Hey Abbie! Well the first thing i can say is some sugar free candy is not good on the bowels >.< i had a rough experience last Easter with some haha, so try not eat to much.

As far as managing over Christmas goes, just make sure you check you bgl as frequently as you can. When i go to party's i try to test at least every 2 hours and when i eat, its the best way to go.

And just keep an eye on what you eat, make sure you keep up with your insulin and such and you should be fine.

As long as you know what your body is doing and you can control what its doing you should be A ok.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas break :) take care.

-Luke Saunderson

3. babykat

babykat Approved members

what i found out about sugar free candy is that it actually has more carbs than regular so if you feel comfortable dosing for it than its worth. but idefinitely dont think you should if your not comfortable with it. basically that is the key to diabetes being comfortable with your treatment.
    as far as parties go you should lower your dosage a little for all the excitement and running around. and snacks at parties you could always find a way to cover as long as you know the carbs unless your on sliding scale or do not carb count. this is still my first year w/ t1 too so you find any tricks let me know!:D

4. Phillipn

Phillipn Approved members

its waaay easier to just eat whatever and deal with high levels after

5. babykat

babykat Approved members

you do realize that high blood sugars can cause blindness, DKA, and several other really serious complications. Although Abbie i do think you can cover like i said before try to prevent high numbers in anyway.