- advertisement -

Children's Miracle Network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmmasMom, Jun 2, 2006.

1. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I just wanted to share...

Emma was chosen as a miracle child for the CMN this year and will be featured during our local telethon this weekend.
    I was a little hesitant about it at first, since I usually think of cancer or horrible injuries when I see the CMN. I was afraid that people would think, "why'd they pick that kid?, she just can't eat sugar right?" (I'm so sick of hearing that ;) )
    But it has really been a blessing. I have been able to educate so many people about the differences between type 1 and type 2, and it's nice to feel validated too! The people that we have been working with actually understand how much work goes into caring for her, and that this is a serious and incurable disease. She is actually the only child featured that has a life-long condition, with no story about being cured, or fully recovered.

I'm grateful that they think her story is worthwhile, and I hope it helps people understand what all of our kids go through everyday! I plan to "enlighten" people about type 1 until either they "get it", or won't listen anymore :D.

2. zookpr

zookpr Approved members

Wow! I think that is just awesome! So many people don't realize what an impact diabetes has on a family. They don't see all the work that goes into meal planning and caring for the child or in some cases children. :D What a great opportunity you have here. I know you have my thanks! :cwds:

3. fulljef

fulljef Approved members

Cmn

Coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know when will it air... I want to make sure that all the congressmen and senators watch this it's can only help our cause!!!!