- advertisement -

Checking throught Night/Kids Sleep Disruptions

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danielsmom, Jul 30, 2011.

1. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Daniel hasn't been low at night...more on the high end and then comes down to normal in the morning.......he used to be a heavy sleeper..slept through an earthquake once....slept through the alarm he wanted to wake him up super early once LOL..course now he's waking up more cause of me...but he still wakes up with energy in the morning....

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Is the poker in the lowest setting?

We've never had issues with our son waking up for testing and he's a light sleeper (which is annoying now during school holidays since he wakes up when he hears dad go to work:rolleyes: grrrr)

3. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

I don't like our lancet(or its just me and hubby that are doofuss's at using it)....I'm asking his endo next week if Kaiser carries the Multiclix that many here are recommending.. Although i wll say Daniel is better at checking himself....we are between 3 and 4...but I'd rather use 4 at night to get it right the first time...

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Ok, I know everyone is different but we've been at this for almost 5 years :)() and we are still on setting 1. Maybe that's why he's waking up at night - he probably feels it too much, kwim?

5. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

You are in the very early days. Give yourself some time and cut yourself some slack. Night checks will get easier over time. In the beginning Danielle would always wake up screaming and crying when I would check her at night. After some time she barely woke up and then finally she would just sleep right through it. Try the Delica lancer, it is very easy on the fingers.

I would not expect my 10 year old to wake up multiple times in the night to check themselves, but that is just me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  6. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

Only thing I would add to what everyone has said....I actually turn the poker dial up at night. Bobby pokes at 3-4 on the Delica dial...but when he goes to bed I crank it up to 5. He pretty much sleeps through checks but that 5 makes it easier for sleepy mom to get a good drop on the first try.