advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap supplies?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mermaid, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Approved members

Does anyone know of a good place to get supplies cheap? I'm looking for pump accessories: cartridges and infusion sets.
    Thanks

2. zell828

zell828 Approved members

We use APlus. They waive copays.

1-800-646-8040

3. jdr

jdr Approved members

Never looked at their pump supplies, but we get our test strips from American Diabetes Wholesale for almost half price.

4. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

they waive copays?

Our copays are running about $200 a month... are you saying that if we go through them (if our insurance would be agreeable) we wouldn't be paying that $200????

5. seeingspots

seeingspots Approved members

Yep. Thanks to all the good people on here who suggested it, we just switched to A-Plus too. We were paying over $350 in copays (insulin, strips, and Pump supplies), and now *nothing*!! :D They also managed to get us the Blood Ketone strips, IV Prep, and Tegaderm, all of which we were previously having to buy off of eBay or the pharmacy at full price.

6. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

A+ is the best. It saves us a ton of money a year.

With them you do not have to pay any co-pays or deductibles.

You can call them and see if it would work out with your insurance. I was told it only works if you do not have a cap on DME. For us, we can not get his insulin or lancets through them. The reason being our insurance bills insulin and lancets as pharmacy and not DME. It is okay, I only pay about $55.00 a month for both. Much better than if I had to pay for everything.

7. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I would check with your insurance policy to be sure that waiving co-pays is not against the terms of the policy. Many health insurance policies specifically prohibit co-pay waivers and doing so may void your policy entirely.

8. Kalebsmom

I did not know that Jeff. When I call my insurance company what do I ask them? Since the insurance company gets the claims don't they know about them already?

9. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

No antibodies... after Barbara Davis testing...

Sorry... meant to post on a new thread....

10. Luiyo

Luiyo Approved members

I just went to aplus web page and they don't have any catalog web page or order info how you get started?? I'm very interested.

11. Kalebsmom

Just call them. They will get your insurance info. They will see how your plan pays and let you know. It takes a week or so.