- advertisement -

Changing Insulin

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Samuroot1987, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Samuroot1987

Samuroot1987 Approved members

I am Currentally on Apidra and wanting to change to Humalog. For a while when i had decided to make the change when i saw the doc next i was running good but ~2 hours after i ate i would be high (Not tested but you know, i probabally was if i hadent gone low.) And i KNOW humalog works better for me. Embarisingly i had to use some of my uncles when i forgot pen nedeles! it worked good but when he did the math he overestimated and i had a low. But it did seem to work better. What should i do to "prepare" for the switch? I see my doc tommorow (Time flies, Eh?) if i can make it. Mom's busy so we sadly may not be able to make it. What are the diffrences between the 3 humalogs? besides them being mixed with something. (And what is that something?)

Thanks for the Advice:

Samuroot1987

2. Samuroot1987

Samuroot1987 Approved members

UPDATE: Well, Doc isn't in today so I have no clue when it is now...

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

There's only one humalog- an insulin analog that is a rapid acting insulin, though in most people slower than apidra.

There are also two Humulins. Humulin R is "regular" human insulin- humalog was modified from Humulin R.
    Humulin N is NPH- insulin with additives designed to slow it down.

You can also purchase mixtures of Humulin R and Humulin N, sold as Humulin 70/30, Humulin 50/50, and maybe some others (the 70% is NPH).
    You can buy Humalog 70/30 and that is 70% NPH and 30% Humalog.