- advertisement -

CGMS Question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ROVERT81402, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Sam was in a Dexcom Gen 4 trial--in our opinion a MUCH better sensor. The gen 4 system is an updated sensor and software including a new pediatric algorithm and from what I understand the new system has a new receiver with a smaller, more traditional shape and color screen.

Heather - take what Animas says about the Vibe's release with a grain of salt. We've been hearing "next year" from our rep for 2 years now. Now when we ask him, he rolls his eyes and says who knows. The FDA is holding up device approvals big time, so it's impossible to predict new device availability. What I'm saying is ... don't bank on it.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Hey, Heidi! Two questions if you don't mind me asking. (1) On the next-gen Dex can you scroll back through readings and see actual numbers? and (2) Did you have any issues with "???"

Thanks!

3. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

I can't answer anything about the receiver because we only tested the sensor with the existing 7+ receiver (just the sensor and algorithm were tested in this particular study -- last year). All information I have about the new receiver comes from people I know at Dexcom. So, I guess it can be taken with a grain of salt as well.

But, we had NO ??? during the trial. We were blinded for part of the study, but during the unblinded portion displayed numbers were within 10 points, and often closer to 2-3 points of the finger stick, a large majority of the time. We already like the Dexcom 7+ a lot, but our biggest complaints are inaccuracy within the first 18-24 hours and those stupid ???, again usually within the first 18-24 hours and at night.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Good information! Thanks!